Description de l'offre
|Poste à pourvoir||PROPOSAL WRITER|
|Nombre de poste||01|
|Structure recruteur||Plan International Burkina Faso|
|Structure Bénéficiaire||Plan International Burkina Faso|
|Secteur activité||Activités organisme extra territoriales|
|Diplôme ou niveau||Master II|
|Option du diplôme||Project Management, International Development, Social Sciences|
|Capacités liées à l'emploi||ROLE PROFILE
Title: Emergency Response Proposal Writer Specialist
Functional Area: Emergency Response – Country Office – Ouagadougou
Reports to: Emergency Response Manager
Travel required: YES
Effective Date: August 2019
Working in 50 developing countries across to implement high-quality programmes and influencing to drive changes in policies, behaviors and practices so that 100 million girls, learn, lead, decide and thrive. Plan aims to achieve this goal by working in partnership with others, particularly youth, and through high performing teams whose behaviours reflect the corporate values.
Plan international Burkina’ Grants and Business Development department is working to mobilize as many resources as possible to fund Plan International Humanitarian Response in Burkina Faso.
In fact, the security situation in Burkina Faso has significantly deteriorated in 2018 affecting the whole country with a focus on six regions including the Sahel, the East, the North, Boucle du Mouhoun, the Centre-east and the Centre-north. According to the 2018 Fragility state Index report published late June 2018, Burkina Faso ranked as a High Warming state. About 170,000 people are currently displaced and the humanitarian community estimates roughly at 300,000 the number of IDP by end of 2019. More than 1800 schools are closed and huge lost of lives, livelihood, infrastructures and material is noted. In total 1.2 million people will need humanitarian assistance in 2019, or 5.7% of the population of Burkina Faso. Plan International is responding to the urgent needs of the most vulnerable focusing on children and girls in three sectors including: 1) Education in Emergencies, 2) Child Protection in Emergencies, and 3) Youth Economic Empowerment.
Plan International Grants Acquisition Globally encourages the motive to make grants as core business of Plan International countries. Plan International global ambition is to increase and move away from sponsorship funding thereby ensuring grants to be the key business for all Plan International implementing countries.
To achieve this, the West and Central African Regional Office (WACA) intends to create a minimum common grants supporting structure in WARO countries that could feed into the review of Country Office (CO) structures in light of the new Global Strategy. The whole question of the structure in grants positioning comes in only when we foresee a future where grants become core business. If grants bring in 80% of the country budget, then we may really require a full-fledged/dedicated staffing structure for grants. This will also guarantee the basic standard of human resources in terms of establishing an enabling grants environment that assures strategic development of Resources Acquisition and Management; Donor Relationship, Partnerships and Risk management at both marketing and project delivery levels.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
The Proposal Writer’s main responsibility includes developing and leading proposal/concept note design, monitor and follow-up on grants/proposals related issues as well as assisting in securing of appropriate funding, maintaining grants documentation and databases, producing monitoring reports on ongoing grants and supporting field staff to ensure that grants are implemented in line with the contractual agreement
Proposals / concept notes design
• Write/coordinate proposals and concept notes development
• Write concise pieces for proposals that communicate the humanitarian situation and the areas of attention for Plan International and that fit with the emergency response plan.
• Engage with field offices/staff in needs assessments and collection of the relevant data/information to support proposal development
• Work closely with the Resource Mobilisation unit, Emergency Response Manager, and Program Development Specialists to develop quality concept notes/proposals
• Work closely with the CO finance team and ERM in the development of activity budgets and to ensure that the response budget is accurate
• Ensure proposal design and proposal submission calendar is developed and implemented
• Obtain report inputs from field offices, partners and other departments as necessary.
• Review and edit proposals and concept papers subsequent to donor/NO feedback
• Identify information gaps blocking proposal completion and make recommendations to secure the necessary information to complete.
• Rapidly revise, update and expand concept papers into full project proposals as recommended by donors.
• Develop project proposals in such a way as to ensure harmonization across projects and sectors to produce a cohesive, credible and coordinated program according to agreed response plan.
• Support the design of appropriate interventions based on the outcomes of assessments and the context.
• Work in close collaboration with other programme specialists to ensure that emergency interventions link to longer-term programming.
• Ensure that all project proposals adhere to HAP and Sphere standards.
• Ensure adherence to the established security protocols and procedures
• Support the ERM, GBDM with in-country donor engagements, external profiling of Plan International in the Emergency Response and acquisitions of new funds.
• Review reports and collect data & gather information to support reporting commitments and requirements as necessary for both narrative and financial and assist in with the preparation of quality and timeliness as appropriate
• Provide support to ensure that all project reporting and documentation requirements are met (quality & timeliness); with particular attention to ensuring that narrative and financial reports are prepared and submitted in accordance with the agreement with the donor
• Give support in the preparation of case studies including high resolution quality photos and other documentation relevant for grant reporting
• Responsible to update and circulate reporting deadlines and maintain report tracking matrix, proactively remind reports stakeholders of upcoming deadlines and report any delays to G&BDM immediately
• Contribute to monthly and quarterly Grant and Business Development Department reports
Grants management support
• Conduct monitoring and support visits to grant projects as needed to support reporting and resolve grant management issues (e.g. compliance with donor requirements) and advise G&BDM immediately of any potential issues of non-compliance on the part of Plan International or partners.
• Give support to grant start-up processes including participation in grant start-up workshops, budget preparation and mapping
• Monitor closely the project logical frameworks and the overall progress in the realization of the outcomes of each of the grant funded projects to ensure effective contribution to the development of more detailed learning system
• Support in researching fundraising opportunities through reviewing and summarizing funding requirements from different donors in collaboration with the program technical team
• Assist within country public relations programs or needs in collaboration with media and program technical team
• Support in researching and updating pertinent statistical data indicators, sectoral studies, governmental and non-governmental strategic recovery plans and all other relevant documentation on Burkina Faso
1. Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
• In order to carry out described key tasks, the Proposal Writer will work in closed collaboration with the Grant and Business Development Manager, work with Humanitarian Response Team and the Program technical leads to ensure effective proposal/concept notes design and reporting processes. Keep close contact with the program Team of Technical Advisors and constant collaboration with the finance department
• At Donor/National relations, the Proposal Writer will assist the Grant and Business Development Manager with communications to/from the National Offices and donors.
• Assist with grant related and/or donor field visits
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Master's degree in Project Management, International Development, Social Sciences with strong capacity in English and French
• At minimum 5 years’ experience
• Excellent understanding of design and reporting of big donor grants in emergencies
• Excellent understanding of financial tracking and project cost control processes
• Good understanding of ECHO, SIDA, ECW, NORAD, Irish Aid, GAC, OFDA, UN Agencies and DFID, Private sectors procedures and requirements in securing grants funding
• Strong understanding of project logical framework, theory of change and monitoring and evaluation systems
• Excellent understanding of the humanitarian context of Burkina Faso and West Africa
• Good understanding of fund raising opportunities and mapping out strategies to secure donor grants
• Innovative, practical and field oriented for the implementation of grants projects
• Strong knowledge in budget preparations and management
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Computer proficiency in the use of information technology especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet
• Ability to prioritize/handle large volume of work and meet deadlines
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work in emergency contexts
• Ability to properly document and proficiency in filling documents
• Knowledge of main donors’ key requirements
• Humble, respectful and able to work calmly under pressure
• Flexible, but with a responsible aptitude to work
• Have a sense of responsibility and respect for deadlines
• Be committed to the defense of the rights of children, social justice, and gender issues.
• Creates strong sense of purpose within team and to stakeholders
• Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
• Focused and results oriented
The incumbent should be able to quickly understand and assimilate the complexity of Plan International’s corporate systems especially those that he/she will be working with on a daily basis on proposals’ development, design and reporting.
• Strong Experience in proposals/concept notes design and reporting
• Knowledge of donor requirements (ECHO, SIDA, ECW, NORAD, Irish Aid, GAC, OFDA, UN Agencies and DFID, Private sectors etc.)
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE WE ARE OPEN AND ACCOUNTABLE
1. PROMOTES A CULTURE OF OPENNESS AND TRANSPARENCY, INCLUDING WITH SPONSORS AND DONORS.
2. HOLDS SELF AND OTHERS ACCOUNTABLE TO ACHIEVE THE HIGHEST STANDARDS OF INTEGRITY.
3. CONSISTENT AND FAIR IN THE TREATMENT OF PEOPLE.
4. OPEN ABOUT MISTAKES AND KEEN TO LEARN FROM THEM.
5. ACCOUNTABLE FOR ENSURING WE ARE A SAFE ORGANISATION FOR ALL CHILDREN, GIRLS & YOUNG PEOPLE
WE STRIVE FOR LASTING IMPACT
1. ARTICULATES A CLEAR PURPOSE FOR STAFF AND SETS HIGH EXPECTATIONS.
2. CREATES A CLIMATE OF CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT, OPEN TO CHALLENGE AND NEW IDEAS.
3. FOCUSES RESOURCES TO DRIVE CHANGE AND MAXIMISE LONG-TERM IMPACT, RESPONSIVE TO CHANGED PRIORITIES OR CRISES.
4. EVIDENCE-BASED AND EVALUATES EFFECTIVENESS.
WE WORK WELL TOGETHER
1. SEEKS CONSTRUCTIVE OUTCOMES, LISTENS TO OTHERS, WILLING TO COMPROMISE WHEN APPROPRIATE.
2. BUILDS CONSTRUCTIVE RELATIONSHIPS ACROSS PLAN INTERNATIONAL TO SUPPORT OUR SHARED GOALS.
3. DEVELOPS TRUSTING AND ‘WIN-WIN’ RELATIONSHIPS WITH FUNDERS, PARTNERS AND COMMUNITIES.
4. ENGAGES AND WORKS WELL WITH OTHERS OUTSIDE THE ORGANIZATION TO BUILD A BETTER WORLD FOR GIRLS AND ALL CHILDREN.
WE ARE INCLUSIVE AND EMPOWERING
1. WE EMPOWER OUR STAFF TO GIVE THEIR BEST AND DEVELOP THEIR POTENTIAL
2. WE RESPECT ALL PEOPLE, APPRECIATE DIFFERENCES AND CHALLENGE EQUALITY IN OUR PROGRAMS AND OUR WORKPLACE
3. WE SUPPORT CHILDREN, GIRLS AND YOUNG PEOPLE TO INCREASE THEIR CONFIDENCE AND TO CHANGE THEIR OWN LIVES.
The Proposal Writer will work in a working environment that will require best practice for present day office environment that will fully enhance and capacitate efficient and effective working environment for both the incumbent and the Emergency Response Team.
LEVEL OF CONTACT WITH CHILDREN
Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction Master's degree in Project Management, International Development, Social Sciences with strong capacity in English and French
Au moins 5 ans d’expérience professionnelle
|Connaissance en informatique||Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Internet|
|Composition du dossier||CV détaillé comportant le contact de 3 personnes de référence + une lettre de motivation
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
L’objet du mail doit comporter le titre du poste
Délai de candidature:31/08/2019 à 24h00
|Date limite de depôt des dossiers||31/08/2019|
|Procedure de recrutement||Présélection sur dossier suivie d’une phase de test écrite et d’entretien
Plan International Burkina Faso est situé à la ZAD
|Durée du contrat||CDD 1 an renouvelable|
|Autres conditions||Téléphone 25 49 87 00|
|Source de l'offre||ONEF|
|Annonce - Publicité|