|Poste à pourvoir
|| EDUCATION IN EMERGENCIES PROJECT MANAGER
||Plan International Burkina Faso
||Plan International Burkina Faso
||Activités organisme extra territoriales
|Capacités liées à l'emploi
||Post title: Education in Emergencies (EiE) Project Manager
Department: Program Department
Contract Type: CDD
Duration: 12 months, renewable based on performance
Duty Station: Based in Burkina Faso - Ouagadougou
Reports to: Emergency Response Manager (ERM)
Purpose: Under the supervision of the Emergency Response Manager, the EiE Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of the EiE Projects. He / She will ensure the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the programme management, delivery and accomplishment of project goals and objectives. The EiE Project Manager will also assist the Emergency Response Manager and the Proposal Writer in developing quality and successful EiE funding proposals for donors as per donors’ requirement and support grants coordinators and M&E in producing the donor reports.
Working in 50 developing countries across to implement high-quality programmes and influencing to drive changes in policies, behaviors and practices so that 100 million girls, learn, lead, decide and thrive, Plan aims to achieve this goal by working in partnership with others, particularly youth, and through high performing teams whose behaviours reflect the corporate values.
Plan international Burkina Faso’s Program and Influencing department is working to assist the most vulnerable people affected by the humanitarian crisis in Burkina Faso.
In fact, the security situation in Burkina Faso has significantly deteriorated in 2018 affecting the whole country with a focus on six regions including the Sahel, the East, the North, Boucle du Mouhoun, the Centre-east and the Centre-north. According to the 2018 Fragility state Index report published late June 2018, Burkina Faso ranked as a High Warming state. About 250,000 people are currently displaced and the humanitarian community estimates roughly at 300,000 the number of IDP by end of 2019. More than 2000 schools are closed and huge lost of lives, livelihood, infrastructures and material is noted. In total 1.2 million people will need humanitarian assistance in 2019, or 5.7% of the population of Burkina Faso. Plan International response focus on three sectors including: 1) Education in Emergencies, 2) Child Protection in Emergencies, and 3) Youth Economic Empowerment and target the most vulnerable with a focus on the girls.
• Coordinate the management of EiE projects, ensuring projects are in line with Plan International’s standard policies and procedures as well as the Minimum Standards for Education Preparedness, Response and Recovery (INEE), SPHERE and the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
• Lead / Participate on the development of EiE proposals (including logframes and programmatic budgets and staffing plans), clearly defining key priorities in line with Plan International emergency response plan.
• Ensure appropriate implementation of projects and preparation of quality reports and updates for different Plan Entities and external actors such as donors.
• Support project officers to ensure projects are implemented on time and the results are of high quality and have direct positive impact on children, particularly girls affected by crises.
• Lead, manage/ participate in needs assessments (rapid, detailed), ensuring a clear focus on the specific needs of children and in particular girls. Based on the outcome of the needs assessments provide recommendations on programming options and priorities.
• Train EiE staff in key aspects of EiE programmes and relevant aspects of INEE
• Conduct onsite visits, periodical reporting, on-going documentation and dissemination of experiences about Plan International EiE interventions
• Contribute in documenting Plan’s experience, lessons learnt and case studies
• Conduct regular meetings with EiE Team for follow up of activities and programme planning together with Child Protection and Youth teams for effective coordination and integration
• Ensure a Child Centred Community Development Approach ensuring gender equity and social inclusion in all aspects of basic education and learning programmes
• Support the selection and the management of local partner organizations, ensuring alignment with Plan International’s approach and programming priorities in humanitarian crises.
REPRESENTATION & COORDINATION
• Represent Plan International with the host Government, both at national and regional level, highlighting key issues of concern in education impacting on children and in particular on girls.
• Engage with relevant humanitarian for a (EiE working group, Inter-sector coordination etc.), ensuring appropriate information is provided in a timely basis (eg 3Ws, 4Ws, 5Ws).
• Maintain and develop in country relations with institutional donors.
• Identify opportunities to establish strategic partnerships with other humanitarian agencies.
• Work with operational functions (finance, HR, logistics) to ensure timely and effective execution of requests
• Together with the country security manager and the ERM monitor local security situation, develop appropriate security guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE
• Coordinate mobilization of financial resources related to EiE activities;
• Ensure with the Procurement & Logistics Manager/Officer the establishment and maintenance of a functional procurement list;
• Support the Procurement & Logistics Manager/Officer with the timely and appropriate establishment of all logistics infrastructure in regard to EiE projects.
• Develop appropriate operating budgets for all approved projects.
• Ensure compliance with donor requirements.
• Ensure clear job descriptions are available and updated as necessary
• Support the EiE staff to understand and carry out their duties in accordance with Plan International’s humanitarian values and principles.
• Conduct performance appraisals for EiE staff and ensure regular feedback and mentoring on individual performance is provided.
• Contribute in sitreps and fundraising material design;
• Timely communicate as appropriate with Plan International’s Headquarters and National Organisations;
• Ensure appropriate information is shared within the organisation and is uploaded to the organisational intranet.
• Lead / support the development of an appropriate grant pipeline in collaboration with NOs.
• Support Plan International National Organisations develop appropriate funding submissions to institutional donors.
• Identify potential in-country funding streams and submit funding proposals to these.
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• At minimum 5 years’ experience in Education
• Previous experience of applying relevant interagency humanitarian frameworks and standards in Education in emergencies (for example INEE Minimum Standards)
• Experience of implementing EiE programs/ projects at pre-primary, primary and secondary school level
• Broad knowledge and understanding of the Humanitarian Programme Cycle, including experience with Humanitarian Response Planning and/or Humanitarian Needs
• Ability to undertake strategic and programme planning
• Proven experience in conducting Education needs assessments
• Proven experience in the design, proposal writing, implementation and evaluation of EiE programme
• Understanding of multiple donor policies and procedures particularly ECHO, OFDA, Start Network, DEC, DFATD, SIDA, NORAD, ECW, and UN Agencies
• Experience of and demonstrated ability to effectively network with a diverse range of organizations and relevant government departments at all levels
• Proven ability to maintain strong NO/donor relations
• Proven experience of incorporating gender issues in to funding submissions.
• Ability to coordinate and organise within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong team management, staff capacity building and motivation skills in teamwork and networking.
• Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and is able to support and train staff and also able to work with disaster affected communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
• Project management including planning and scheduling, process design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation
• Good knowledge of and experience in Minimum Standards for Education in Emergencies (INEE), Education Cluster Handbook and SPHERE standards.
• Knowledge on tackling inequality and exclusion
• Experience in conducting Education needs assessments
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of Plan, including proven networking skills.
• Language skills desirable ( English, French)
• Committed to Plan International’s strategy and values
• Team player and relationship builder.
• Flexible, but with a responsible aptitude to work
• Have a sense of responsibility and respect for deadlines
• Able to work calmly under extreme pressure
• Focused and results oriented
The incumbent should be able to quickly understand and assimilate the complexity of Plan International’s corporate systems especially those that he/she will be working with on a daily basis.
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
1. Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
2. Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
3. Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
4. Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
5. Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
1. Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
2. Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
3. Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
4. Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
1. Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
2. Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
3. Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
4. Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
1. We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
2. We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
3. We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
The Education in Emergencies (EiE) Project Manager will work in a working environment that will require best practice for present day office environment that will fully enhance and capacitate efficient and effective working environment for both the incumbent and the Emergency Response Team.
LEVEL OF CONTACT WITH CHILDREN
Medium contact: medium frequency of interaction
Au moins 5 ans d’expérience professionnelle
|Connaissance en informatique
||Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet
|Composition du dossier
||CV détaillé comportant le contact de 3 personnes de référence + une lettre de motivation
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
L’objet du mail doit comporter le titre du poste
Délai de candidature:31/08/2019 à 24h00
|Date limite de depôt des dossiers
|Procedure de recrutement
||Présélection sur dossier suivie d’une phase de test écrite et d’entretien